Benefits and Objectives of the Chamber include:
The Chamber is based on voluntary membership by businesses and individuals in the area. These businesses and individuals turn to the Chamber to achieve goals that can only be achieved with assistance from the chamber. It unites businesses, professional firms, community organizations, and individuals into a focused group for the betterment of the Prairie du Chien area.
- Area promotion/marketing/public relations.
- A business voice in local/state/national decision making.
- Develop business opportunities.
- Establish and promote an area identity.
- Establish a data bank of current, correct and understandable information.
- Work with the local, state and national public sector.
The Chamber, through application of primary benefit programs, seeks to establish direct tangible and identifiable value to the Chamber of Commerce members.
Examples of these activities include:
- Website listing
- Chamber Dollar Program
- Business referrals (restaurants, shops, services, motels, attractions)
- Social networking opportunities
- New business greetings and ribbon cuttings
- Member brochure distribution & guide sheets located in the Regional Tourism Information Center
- Maintenance of a full time information center and Nationwide 800 lines
In addition, the Chamber's collective credibility has been lent to a number of specific causes, which has resulted in the establishment of the Prairie du Chien Regional Tourism Center/Travel Wisconsin Center.
The Prairie du Chien Area Chamber of Commerce, in collaboration with the Wisconsin Department of Tourism, has combined efforts on the promotion of the tourism industry. In that capacity, they promote local, regional, and state-wide information. Materials given to the public help visitors choose Wisconsin as their travel destination.
The Prairie du Chien Regional Tourism Center/Travel Wisconsin Center is open 7 days a week beginning May 1 through October 31, from 9 a.m.–5 p.m., Monday-Saturday, and 10 a.m.-4 p.m. on Sundays. November 1 through April 30 the hours are 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Monday–Friday.